LineCircles was already functionally mature when I finally got around to making this site, but 1.0 represents a major step forward: I’ve finished the Unity reimplementation! Initially, all this means is very (very) significant performance increases and the addition of a nice bloom image effect, but in the future, this will mean a whole lot more.
Some things on my roadmap, each of which would take me less than 10 minutes at this point:
- Support for more than one LineCircle at once (probably up to about 20 before I’d start getting concerned about performance)
- Move into 3D perspective view
- Add VR support
- Implement user-input for control of the LineCircle parameters
So it’s more a matter of choosing a direction – I did the reimplementation with the intention of adding flexibility. I’m going to leave the project as it is for now while I work on bringing the rest of my projects to a state where they are stable and downloadable, but yeah – I’m pretty pleased with this one!
Here’s the changelog:
- New Features:
- Tremendous performance increase
- Image effects!
- Support for true fullscreen
- Support for multiple resolutions
- Changed screenshot key from Shift+S to F12
- Forced fade out if user tries to keep a single pattern going for ages – this is due to a limit on generative mesh sizes in Unity, and will be fixed in the next version
You can download the new version over at the Project Page